Cleanliness, Hygiene, and Health in Salons, Schools & Staff
Following the recent development on Coronavirus, we want to reassure you that we are taking action to keep the salons/spas/schools a safe and healthy place for all to enjoy.
Our standard health and safety procedures are world industry-leading. These include rigorous hygiene standards for our staff and the tools we use – all metal tools are sterilised before and after each use and all non-metal tools are recommended to be single-use.
As always, to ensure the safety and welfare of all our staff and customers, we kindly ask that you help us follow the guidelines for keeping safe by:
Prevention: basic knowledge for safety
• Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
• Wash hands frequently for 20 seconds or longer, using over 60% alcohol ideally.
• Stay home when you are sick.
• Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the bin with a sealable lid/flush down the toilet.
• Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a disinfectant cleaning spray or wipe.
• Follow recommendations for using a facemask. Replace this at least daily.
• Offer your client’s a mask to wear when they visit your space.
• Drink water every 15 minutes to wash down any virus into the stomach so that the hydrochloric acid can wash it away.
• Take a deep breath and hold for 10 seconds. If you feel any breathing difficulties, please consult your doctor.
• Wear disposable gloves wherever possible.
• The college is required to organise a port clean daily and weekly to prevent the spread of germs – all areas to be disinfected.
• Ensure students are disinfecting areas and implements used before and after.
• Washing all towels with hot water and using a disinfectant laundry liquid during the rinse cycle.
• Drying all implements and equipment properly.
• Ensure UV cabinet and bead steriliser is incorrect to use.
• If you have an autoclave, put this in use.
We thank you for your understanding and support in keeping our salons/spas/schools a safe place for all.
Cleanliness, Hygiene, and Health for staff in the working environment
As of 11th March 2020, the World Health Organisation has declared Coronavirus a pandemic. We would like to help our Members to keep safe during this trying time for all.
As always, to ensure the safety and welfare of all our Members, we ask that you help us follow the guidelines for keeping safe by:
• Washing your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
• Use hand sanitising gel if you do not have access to soap and water.
• Ensure hand sanitiser is made of a minimum of 60% alcohol to disinfect adequately.
• Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue or into the sleeve of your elbow when you sneeze or cough.
• Dispose of used tissues into the toilet or a sealable bin and wash your hands as soon as possible
• Try to avoid contact with people who are unwell
• Avoid touching your face
• Ensure all tools and equipment are thoroughly cleaned and sterilised where necessary before and after each use
• Wear a mask during treatments
• Offer your clients masks
• Wear gloves where suitable
• Familiarise yourself with the company’s Health & Safety Policy
Due to the nature of our business, we are going to need your assistance in following these guidelines. We ask that should any of your team members show any symptoms or you suspect you have been in contact with anyone showing symptoms, that you let your management know immediately and follow the government guidelines of your country. For further information please contact