CIDESCO Guidelines for
hygienic working environment
The World Standard for Beauty & Spa Therapy, CIDESCO has released the following guidelines on cleanliness, hygiene and health for staff in the working environment.
“As of 11 March 2020, the WHO (World Health Organisation) has declared coronavirus a pandemic. We would like to help CIDESCO members to keep safe during this trying time for all. As always, to ensure the safety and welfare of all our members, we ask that you help us by adhering to the following guidelines for keeping safe,” says CIDESCO.
• Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
• Use hand sanitising gel if you do not have access to soap and water.
• Ensure hand sanitiser is made of minimum 60% alcohol to disinfect adequately.
• Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue or into the sleeve of your elbow when you sneeze or cough.
• Dispose of used tissues into the toilet or a sealable bin and wash your hands as soon as possible.
• Try to avoid contact with people who are unwell.
• Avoid touching your face.
• Ensure all tools and equipment are thoroughly cleaned and sterilised where necessary before and after each use. All non-metal tools are recommended to be single-use.
• Wear a mask during treatments and replace the mask every day at least.
• Offer your clients masks.
• Wear gloves where suitable.
• Familiarise yourself with the company’s Health & Safety Policy.
“Due to the nature of our business, we are going to need your assistance in following these guidelines. We ask that should any of your team members show any symptoms, or you suspect you have been in contact with anyone showing symptoms, that you let your management know immediately and follow the government guidelines of your country,” adds CIDESCO.
For further information please contact